Skip Navigation Links

Undergraduate Bulletin
Skip Navigation LinksUndergraduate Bulletin > Expenses and Financial Aid > Financial Aid > Financial Aid from Other Sources

Financial Aid from Other Sources

North Carolina Services for the Blind

Services for the Blind, a state agency affiliated with the North Carolina Department of Human Resources, provides financial assistance to visually impaired/blind college students for such items as tuition, fees, books, supplies, and reader services. For information, contact the Chief of Rehabilitation Services, Division of Services for the Blind, 309 Ashe Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27606.

North Carolina Veterans Scholarships

The Department of Veterans Affairs offers scholarship assistance to North Carolina children of deceased or disabled veterans or of certain veterans who were listed as POW or MIA status. An eligible student should write to the N.C. Division of Veterans Affairs, 325 N. Salisbury Street, Raleigh, NC 27603, for information.

Vocational Rehabilitation Program

Many states offer educational assistance to students who have a mental or physical disability that is an impairment to employment. North Carolina residents should contact their local Vocational Rehabilitation office or the N.C. Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services, P.O. Box 26053, 805 Ruggles Drive, Raleigh, NC 27611-6053.

Students from other states should contact a local vocational counselor.

This page was last updated on June 9, 2010.