Recruitment - Background Check
To provide a safe learning and working environment for our students, staff and faculty, the Human Resources Department has established procedures through which a background report will be acquired for any applicant who has been selected as the final candidate for a designated full-time or part-time position at UNCG.
Improvements to the Background Check Process
Human Resources is pleased to announce a more effective and efficient way to collect background checks electronically!
As part of our onboarding initiative, we have been exploring new and efficient ways for this HR function to be simplified and more convenient, not only for the employees, but for our customers as well. Departments will have the following three options available to begin the background check process;
- HIRING THROUGH UNCGjobsearch
- If a competitive search has been conducted using the UNCGjobsearch system and an applicant is recommended for hire, then the electronic background check process will be initiated by the Background Check Coordinator in Human Resources via email. This process will require no additional steps from the hiring department.
- HIRING OUTSIDE UNCGjobsearch
- a. This process will be used when an employee/volunteer is hired or rehired outside of the UNCGjobsearch system and no Hiring Proposal is created and the new hire has an established email address. The Department Administrative Liaison will need to fill out short electronic form. This form will automatically be sent to the Background Check Coordinator in Human Resources. Once this form is received, the background check process will then be initiated by the Background Check Coordinator via email.
- HIRING AN EMPLOYEE THAT DOES NOT HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS.
- We understand that not everyone has an email address. This will apply to all new employees (either hired through or outside the UNCGjobsearch system) that do not have an email address. A new Background Check Disclosure and Release form (.docx) will need to be completed and submitted to HR. This form must be submitted by mail, hand-delivery or fax. For security purposes this form should NOT be emailed. Once this form is received, the Background Check Coordinator will then enter the information and will initiate the screening process.
- IMPORTANT: THE DEPARTMENT NAME AND DEPARTMENT CONTACT NEEDS TO BE LISTED ON THIS FORM OR HUMAN RESOURCES WILL NOT KNOW WHO TO CONTACT WHEN THE BACKGROUND CHECK HAS BEEN PROCESSED.
Background Check Resources
Background Check Forms
Please note: some items require the Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe website.
*Please note: some items require a free Microsoft Office Viewer, which can be downloaded from the Microsoft web site.