The Career Banding classification system is a competency based, market rate driven system that replaces the traditional graded system. Career Banding "collapses" many graded classifications into fewer more broadly defined classes and wider pay bands. Career Banded employees progress through a band by acquiring additional competencies based on the business need of the organization.
- SHRA (SPA) & EHRA (EPA)
- SHRA (SPA)
- Career Banding Training Resources
- EHRA (EPA)
- Procedure for Seeking EHRA (EPA) Determination for New/Vacant Positions (.pdf)
- Guidelines on Compensation beyond Contract for EHRA (EPA) Faculty & Nonfaculty Employees (.pdf)
- EHRA (EPA) Designation Request Documents
- Senior Academic and Administrative Officers: Evaluation of Positions for Designation (UNC Policy 300.1.2) (.pdf)
- Senior Academic and Administrative Officers List of Generic Position Descriptions (.pdf)
- Guidelines on Interpreting General Statute § 126-5(c1)(8): Instructional and Research Staff Exempt from the State Personnel Act (UNC Policy 300.2.5[G]) (.pdf)
- The University of North Carolina General Administration EHRA (EPA) Resource Information
- Analysis Tool for Possible Non-Faculty EHRA (EPA) Status (.doc)
- SHRA (SPA) Forms
- Career Banding Position Description Form - HRCB200 (.doc)
- Career Banding Employee Competency Assessment - Form HRCB202 (.doc)
- Career Banding Dispute Resolution - Form HRCB210 (.doc)
- Career Banding Pay Plan Forms (EAFs)
- SHRA (SPA) Compensation Request Form (.xlsx)
- RIF Plan Template (.xlsx)
- EHRA (EPA) Forms
- Budget Forms
Please note: some items require the Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe website.
*Please note: some items require a free Microsoft Office Viewer, which can be downloaded from the Microsoft web site.