The Career Banding classification system is a competency based, market rate driven system that replaces the traditional graded system. Career Banding "collapses" many graded classifications into fewer more broadly defined classes and wider pay bands. Career Banded employees progress through a band by acquiring additional competencies based on the business need of the organization.
- Career Banding Training Resources
- Procedure for Seeking EPA Determination for New/Vacant Positions (.pdf)
- Guidelines on Compensation beyond Contract for EPA Faculty & Nonfaculty Employees (.pdf)
- EPA Designation Request Documents
- Senior Academic and Administrative Officers: Evaluation of Positions for Designation (UNC Policy 300.1.2) (.pdf)
- Senior Academic and Administrative Officers List of Generic Position Descriptions (.pdf)
- Guidelines on Interpreting General Statute § 126-5(c1)(8): Instructional and Research Staff Exempt from the State Personnel Act (UNC Policy 300.2.5[G]) (.pdf)
- The University of North Carolina General Administration EPA Resource Information
- Analysis Tool for Possible Non-Faculty EPA Status (.doc)
- SPA Forms
- Career Banding Position Description Form - HRCB200 (.doc)
- Career Banding Employee Competency Assessment - Form HRCB202 (.doc)
- Career Banding Dispute Resolution - Form HRCB210 (.doc)
- Career Banding Pay Plan Forms (EAFs)
- SPA Compensation Request Form (.xlsx)
- RIF Plan Template (.xlsx)
- EPA Forms
- Budget Forms
Please note: some items require the Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe website.
Please note: some items require a free Microsoft Office Viewer. Please select the appropriate viewer and download it from the Microsoft website. Each Office file type link is labelled as such.