Employee Assistance Program
Life's pressures and challenges can be difficult to handle alone. Beginning February 1, 2012, The University of North Carolina (the University) will partner with ComPsych to provide Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits to employees in the University system.
ComPsych has a proven track record of delivering high-quality, innovative services supported by best-in-class customer service. By working with ComPsych, the University is able to provide these counseling and resources to help you and your family when you need it the most.
How Does It Work?
ComPsych's GuidanceResources is a University-sponsored program that provides confidential services at no cost to you and your dependents. You will have access to the following resources:
- Confidential Counseling. You and your family can receive confidential consultations with highly trained master's and doctoral level clinicians 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The EAP offers up to 3 in-person counseling sessions per issue at no cost to you. If additional resources are needed to address the issue, the additional care may be covered under your medical plan.
- Financial Information and Resources. Do you have questions about retirement, saving for college or how to get out of credit card debt? You and your family can speak with Certified Public Accountants and Certified Financial Planners for answers to your financial questions.
- Legal Support and Resources. Speak directly with an attorney if you need information about legal matters such as divorce and family law, debt and bankruptcy, and real estate transactions.
- Work-Life Solutions. Let work-life specialists do the research for you. ComPsych offers a comprehensive resource and referral network specializing in child and elder care, moving and relocation, college planning, home repair, and pet care.
- GuidanceResouces Online - You are just a click away from information on the issues that matter to you the most - relationships, work, children, wellness, legal, financial and more.
More information will be coming soon!
Whom Do I Call?
Beginning February 1, 2012, you can reach GuidanceResources by:
- Calling 1-800-630-4847, (tdd: 1-800-697-0353) or
- Logging on to guidanceresources.com (Company ID: UNCG).
Counselors and/or specialists offer personalized service 24 hours a day, seven days a week, either online or by phone. Don't let an issue stand in the way of reaching your family, personal, financial and professional goals. Call ComPsych today.
Please note: some items require the Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe website.